Saturday, December 26, 2009

New Beginnings

With the New Year just around the corner, it's time for reflection and appreciation for what you've accomplished, and to set new goals for the coming year. In these uncertain economic times, many of you have been impacted in some way: both positive and not so positive. My hunch is, there was one thing that kept you going toward achieving your desired outcomes: Hope.

Hope is the fuel that allows you to move forward, even when uncertainty sets in. Hope is driven by a fundamental belief in yourself; that you can succeed in achieving your dreams, so long as you never give up. Hope is a powerful thing! Imagine a world without hope...

Many years ago, I found a sweat-shirt that had a quote silk screened on the front. While the shirt frayed and the letters faded, the words continue to resonate for me:

"Believe in yourself, believe in others, believe in your dreams, but always believe."

As you reflect on the past year and set goals for the coming year, what are your hopes? Which beliefs will serve you and which ones will limit your success? How can you challenge limiting beliefs in order to achieve your goals... and your potential?

In the past several months, I've discovered my own limiting belief. For some reason, I thought I could not succeed alone. While I successfully coach and mentor others to believe in themselves and their unique contributions to the world, I did not fully believe in myself. What a hypocrite I've been! For heavens sake, I teach people to skydive and face their fears while leaping from perfectly good airplanes!!! And yet I allow my own deep-rooted fears to cripple my potential. What's up with that?

No more.

Through self-coaching, I've faced my demons with courage and conviction. I have slain the "dragon of limiting beliefs" in order to live into my own potential. This has been a liberating process that's created an emense sense of hope for the future!

In 2010, face your demons, slay your dragon of limiting beliefs, and nurture the hope that fuels your journey towards joy and success. Believe in the possibilities. Believe in yourself. I believe in you!

Blessings,
Valerie Woods

No comments:

Post a Comment